Audio Device and Webcam not working in Chrome

This has just happened recently… but we have a set of our users on Chrome, that whenever they join our self-hosted Jitsi instance (embedded in an iFrame), their audio devices, webcam, and session never properly starts. From their perspective, when they join the Jitsi Meet conference things started loading, and then crashed part way through and is just hanging (they can’t interact with anything there). From the perspective of the other conference participants, it appears that someone has joined, but you don’t see their webcam and they are muted.

The only thing I see in the web browser’s console log is:

Logger.js:154 2021-12-10T00:38:10.562Z [modules/xmpp/strophe.jingle.js] <g.onJingle>:  invalid session id <iq xmlns=​"jabber:​client" type=​"set" to=​"213c2f42-7510-451a-b35d-2ef6142cdced@guest.dev.funex.ca/​17b7f520-abe7-44f4-bc5c-fa32855e8511" from=​"mee@conference.dev.funex.ca/​bdcb8091" ...

(and then a later issue in audio giving a null, null value)

Previous to last week, this wasn’t an issue, and this seems to only affect some users (but affects them consistently). My first thought is a Chrome version issue, and while some things point to 96.0.4664.93 as being a problem, it is not a problem for everyone.

Has anyone else been seeing this issue on Chrome?

Which version of jitsi-meet do you use. Older ones need to be upgraded in order for Unified plan for chrome to work, as Plan-B is dropped for many users now, it seems it rolls slowly on 96 for users

It appears we are running jitsi-meet 2.0.4857-1

Is there a simple way to update some of the deprecated components? Or will I need to do a git pull and merge with the latest Jitsi Meet code?

You need to update everything, all components