Asking about Jitsi-meet and sip devices?

Hi there, I wonder if someone can give a hint about how to use jitse-meet for web videoconference and the possibility to join sip devices, i dont know if is posible but i wanna try.

1. first, We have a jitsi-meet server working OK, we can create rooms and have guests, other people can join the conferences via web or app.

2. we are using a lets encrypt certificate.

3. Now, we have some hardware devices from cisco-tandberg that works over sip., we want to try to connect this devices into a conference.

4. I do a little investigation (I am really new in this, I read about Jibri and Jigasi, but I dont have a clear idea about them. One, I read that jibri is for sip, record and broadcasting to youtube, I dont need to record or broadcast. Then I read that with jigasi one can make a sip gateway,

5. Jibri and jigasi must be in a diferent hardware than Jitsi-meet server???

I would appreciate if someone can give me a route or advice,
wich option is more viable , jitsi-met + jigasi o jibri?

or what can I explore to have jitsi-meet working with the ability to accept sip devices into the rooms.

1 Like

Yes.

Audio only.

Jibri can be used for sip video devices. Lacks clear documentation, and is tricky to set it up, info can be found here in the forum.

Thanks a lot for your response @damencho , so i will go through jibri for sip devices, , i will post my experience…
first i will create a new VM for jibri.

1 Like

UPDATE.
I already installed jibri in a separated server, so my scenario looks like this:
server1 jitsi.mydoain
server2 jibri no external dns, just accesible by ip and dns local

I followed various docs to install jibri, some of them are:

I dont know if I actually understood but, I already installed jibri. Then I started with the configuration:

In the jitsiserver side:

1. /etc/prosody/prosody.cfg.lua : I set the conference MUC, the internal.auth, and the virtual host for recording.

2. Then, I created the users for login and reorder of jibri.

3. After that, I modified /etc/jitsi/jicofo/sip-communicator.properties whit the BREWERY LINES

4. Lastly, I modified the /etc/jitsi/meet/mydomain-config.js to enable fileRecording, livestreaming and set hiddenDomain.

And, in the jibri server:

1. I created the recording directory.
  2. My (major) trouble begins here, I supossed to config a file named /etc/jitsi/jibri/config.json but it doesnt exists, I read that the config.json is the old config file of jibri, instead I have /etc/jitsi/jibri/jibri.conf, but this file only has: jibri {
    }

In a document, I saw that jibri.conf replace config.json, but in other lecture said that jibri maybe looks for both files.
So I created a file named config.json and copied the content from here:Jibri config.json on the same jitsi machine? and replaced it with my data.
Then, for jibri.conf I did almost the same, I took a jibri.conf example from Legacy config file doesn't exist,

I restarted services in both servers
jicofo, videobridge2 and prosody, and started jibri service.

When starting a videoconference, in the room I already had activated the record button, but when I tried to start recording it failed.

In jibri server /vat/log/jitsi/jibri/log.o.txt i didn’t see errors:

2020-12-10 09:20:41.789 INFO: [1] org.jitsi.jibri.Main.handleCommandLineArgs() Jibri run with args [–config, /etc/jitsi/jibri/config.json]
2020-12-10 09:20:41.872 INFO: [1] org.jitsi.jibri.Main.setupLegacyConfig() Checking legacy config file /etc/jitsi/jibri/config.json
/var/log/jitsi/jibri/log.0.txt (END)

Before I created the config files, the log says :slight_smile:2020-12-09 21:59:20.804 INFO: [1] org.jitsi.jibri.Main.setupLegacyConfig() Legacy config file /etc/jitsi/jibri/config.json doesn’t exist

So I am kind of stuck here, but I am looking back at my steps and reading more about it,
if someone has any idea of how to pass this problem I´d really appreciate it.

The final goal is to be able to integrate jitsi-meet with some sip hardware device and establish videoconferences (audio and video from sip devices).

Remove config.json and create jibri.conf according to this template
Don’t forget to open TCP/5222 on JMS

1 Like

Thank you so much @emrah , i follow your advice and now jitsi and jibri are working, the jitsi-meet has the record seesion feature working , im still testing this option, my next step will be the sipo gateway…

1 Like

Do you have any results with sip gateway?
I had done the sip gateway devops guide steps, but there isn’t a search string in “add users” dialogue window.