Apache Tomcat installation fails in WSL ubuntu which is required for jitsi installation

Hi there,

I have installed ubuntu 20.04 as my WSL successfully. I am following the steps for jitsi meet installation from here: https://www.howtoforge.com/tutorial/how-to-create-your-own-video-conference-using-jitsi-meet-on-ubuntu-1804/. But when starting the nginx service, I am getting following error: System has not been booted with systemd as init system (PID 1). Can’t operate.
Failed to connect to bus: Host is down.

Thanks.

WSL not having systemd is a well known problem and one that Microsoft is not eager to change. A quick Internet search will bring you plenty of tricks to add systemd that consists (if I understand the thing) to add a container running systemd and run everything inside it. Another way is to drop WSL and use hyper-v :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for your reply. I will do some internet search to add systemd. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi, I was looking for how enable the systemd in WSL and I found this link WSL 2 - Enabling systemd · GitHub. But again I am stuck with the “wsl genie -s” command. Error what I am getting is : /bin/bash: genie: command not found. Please let me know are there any others ways to enable the systemd in WSL. Also I thought of using hyper-v but my system requirements are not meeting for that.

Thanks.

sorry, my interest in WSL is very high indeed ! but with a minus sign.

1 Like