Apache License - What do I have to commit to?

Hi all,
I’m thinking of using Videobridge & Jicofo to develop a function that would be integrated into a commercial solution, hosted on a private server.

Just to make sure I do not make any mistakes in the process, I want to understand what my obligations within the open source license are:

• My understanding is that I do not need to include branding or pay any licencing fees - is that right?
  • I’d be very happy to give back to the community if I develop anything of interest, but does the license force me to share my code or can I choose to do so at will?
  • Could someone help clarify this line in the T&Cs? “When You transmit, stream, communicate, record, receive, and/or store content to or through the Service, You give 8×8 (and those we work with) a worldwide license to use, host, store, reproduce, modify, create derivative works. For the purposes of this License, Derivative Works shall not include works that remain separable from, or merely link (or bind by name) to the interfaces of, the Work and Derivative Works thereof”. If I am using Videobridge and Jicofo to develop a different product on a private server, does this count as a Derivative Work or is it “separable”?

Thank you very much for your help, hope my rambling made sense.
Fred

These are the terms and condition of the service accessible through the domain meet.jit.si.. It’s shown at the top of the screen in big characters They apply if you use the bandwidth and the servers provided by 8x8. It does NOT apply to the software (see §6 for the software)