Anyone Else Experiencing 1:00:50 Time Limit for Dropbox Recording and YouTube Streaming?

I cannot say I have tested this thoroughly, but in my recent attempts to use Jitsi Meet for a long (>1.5 hrs) online presentation, YouTube streaming stopped halfway one time, and Dropbox recording stopped halfway another time. The odd thing is that in both times, it stopped around 1:00:50 into the session.

I have not been able to figure out why. Is anyone else experiencing something similar? What are the possible reasons for this? I am using the public server (meet.jit.si), by the way.

Any input will be appreciated.

Thanks!

Yasuro

I hour is the limit in meet.jit.si.

1 Like

Oh, wow… thanks. I wish they had made that clear from the get-go, but at least now I know it is a spec, not some error on my part.

According to “The time limit of live streaming and recording”, to remove the recording/streaming time restriction, you’ll have to either self host Jitsi Meet or purchase subscription to 8x8, correct? I am right in thinking the cheapest you could go with 8x8 is $15/user/month?

No, you can get 8x8 Meet Pro for 0.99 / month at 8x8.vc

Thanks. Sounds like an awesome deal. Could you please point me to the definitive web page of this info? Actually I vaguely remember seeing it somewhere, but I could not and still cannot find it.

Thanks.

yasuro

https://app.8x8.vc/payments

Thanks. Would it be okay for me to post this? You do not get to see this until you create an account with them. It’s a good deal, so I don’t know why they want to hide this.