Am I missing something... Used to have Jigasi (SIP) working, and now it does'nt anymore

We were using the Docker version of jitsi for some time (end of summer I would say), but we ran in many issues with this install and I wanted to go back to the bare-metal version of Jitsi-Meet to see how it compared.
SIP has always been a hurtle when set-upping our instances, but now, I have run through all my previous notes on the issues I can’t get Jigasi to connect to the XMPP server (secure domain).

I created a user in auth.mydomain_name for Jigasi as I always do
Jigasi connects to the SIP provider without issue, it will not connect to the XMPP server though… I know that the mechanism has changed from “component” to “muc” but I am used to it as it is the same in the docker version…
All other aspects of Jitsi-Meet are working perfectly !

Here are the last lines of the jigasi log, and they are the only errors I get in the whole file

2021-01-22 11:19:21.878 SEVERE: [46] impl.protocol.jabber.ProtocolProviderServiceJabberImpl.connectAndLogin().1003 Failed to connect to XMPP service
org.jivesoftware.smack.sasl.SASLErrorException: SASLError using SCRAM-SHA-1: not-authorized

This is the sip_communicator.properties file with the relevant parts

I could’nt take the rest of my screenshots as the server pooped itself… I rebooted on the Docker server

This is normally an indication of a wrong password.

I checked around 70 000 times and even copy-pasted it from a notepad to make sure
Anyways, at some point the server would not accept connexion from the bridge and I ca’t tell how it happened! Now I am back on My docker server

I have to say, the current version of Jitsi-meet looks incredible! A lot of polish went into that, congratulations to the team.

I was a little behind with my docker version… I am trying to rebuild with the current stack.

1 Like