Always getting an error with Jitsi meet prosody

I’ve tried maybe five different guides to installing a variety of VNC’s or jitsi.

I cannot get past a prosody error.

For instance, on this one ([jitsi-users] Installation error with Jitsi-meet)
Step 2, I get the same error… Unpacking jitsi-meet (1.0.3548-1) …
Setting up jitsi-meet-prosody (1.0.3216-1) …
The given hostname does not exist in the config
dpkg: error processing package jitsi-meet-prosody (–configure):
installed jitsi-meet-prosody package post-installation script subprocess returned error exit status 1
No apport report written because the error message indicates its a followup error from a previous failure.
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of jitsi-meet:
jitsi-meet depends on jitsi-meet-prosody (= 1.0.3216-1); however:
Package jitsi-meet-prosody is not configured yet.

dpkg: error processing package jitsi-meet (–configure):
dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
Errors were encountered while processing:
jitsi-meet-prosody
jitsi-meet

User said he purged everything before hand, and it worked, but every time I put ipecac in my computer it just makes the CD-ROM sticky. The user also did say he had to create a folder.

I feel like I’ve attempted installation maybe 10 different ways, and I guess now I’m hoping someone guides me through to the correct way. I’m on Ubuntu 18.04LTS if that eliminates one question.

There is only one guide that you need to follow and it is this one https://github.com/jitsi/jitsi-meet/blob/master/doc/quick-install.md
I regularly test the deployment on 18.04 and it was working fine few days ago.
Are you using prosody from the universe repo or you are installing it from prosody’s repo?

1 Like

Interim problem that I thought was caused by jitsi was likely caused by tightvncserver. uninstalled tightvncserver. Jitsi still not working but I haven’t tried to install it, waiting for advice before screwing this up more.