Alternative to youtube for streaming

Hi guys,
Youtube just blocked my account from streaming. I have no idea why but I didn’t stream anything illegal or in appropriate. Now, I want to ask if there is any alternative to youtube. For instance, hosting a own media server and so on. Can anyone give me an idea?

This is something we planned at doing at some point, but haven’t done yet. That being said, I did try and keep this in mind when rewriting Jibri so I don’t think it would be too hard to add yourself. You’ll need to:

1. Change the hard-coded YouTube url to the service you want to use here.
  2. Change the format of the sink url to match the service you want to use here.
  3. The above will depend on what the url format of the new service you want to use is. If it matches YouTube’s format somewhat, that’ll be easiest (i.e. a fixed url and a key of some sort): you can just pass the new service’s stream key into the ‘start live stream’ dialog on the web and then change the way the rtmp url is created in Jibri. If it’s different, then things may be a bit trickier.

Hi bbaldino thanks for the quick reply. I will do some research on it. But can you give me some hint or suggestion if you know any open source project that can do the job. I saw a project on red5 https://github.com/Red5/red5-server
In your experience, do u think it might able to do the job?

I’d like to know the answer to that myself. I’d also like to kinow if Red5 has there own platform like youtube or facebook. Thanks.