Adding Video Bridge with Websocket to jitsi-meet server

Dear All,
After updating the jitsi-meet server to the latest version (jitsi-meet 2.0.5390-3 videobridge2 2.1-g2f43d1b4-1), my second JVB (also updated) cannot connect to the jitsi-meet server. Thanks to your guide, I find the FAQ (FAQ · Jitsi Meet Handbook) showing how to switch to Websocket. While reading this doc, I have some following questions:
1-It seems to me that with Websocket, I can nolonger add JVB on the fly to jitsi-meet server because I have to modify the nginx config (and restart the nginx) as in step 3 of the document?
2-The new configuration file jvb.conf shows that JVB service must be installed together with webserver (nginx) ?( Before I could install jvb service in a raw server without nginx )
3-How can I rollback to the old WebRTC data for Videobridge (and jitsi-meet) ? As I understand, websocket is better then WebRTC data ?
Many thanks

not true.

You can use server-id to set it with the internal address of the bridge and make one nginx rule docker-jitsi-meet/meet.conf at 1fa5048510059323678a25c5e52f4c7bad3b5099 · jitsi/docker-jitsi-meet · GitHub and make it dynamic.

It is more reliable, the sctp library and the usage of it in jvb we have seen random crashes …

Thank you Damencho for your clarification.
About dynamically adding jvb with Websocket, can you detail a little bit please. I see in the jvb.conf there is the server-id field. Should I put there the public IP / domainname of the given JVB ? Then with the rule in nginx (set once as in docker-jitsi-meet/meet.conf at 1fa5048510059323678a25c5e52f4c7bad3b5099 · jitsi/docker-jitsi-meet · GitHub ) the jitsi server can redirect to the right one?
Thanks

1 Like

Dear @emrah,
Thank you for the link.
If I would like to understand more on xmpp-websocket, colibri-websocket, xmpp and WebRTCData used in Jitsi, can you share some documents please ?
Many thanks

Dear @emrah,
just now I try to deal with your guide. The script in the jvb-config exists already doesn,t it ? So I just follow the instructions in FAQ · Jitsi Meet Handbook and in Tip: websocket and the additional JVBs - Install & Config - Jitsi Community Forum - developers & users to install additional JVBs for Jitsi don,t I?
Concerning these documents, I would like to ask some below questions:
-In one of my nginx configuration, the virtual host is already listening to 443 (instead of 4444) then I just skip this step. Do I need to check something else?

• How can I know which method jitsi uses the old xmpp protocol or the new websocket now? As I know both are supported in the new release of jitsi.
    Many thanks for your helps

Hello @mstran,

If your JVB and nginx are on the same server, you don’t need to do anything. The default config is OK. If you have some additional JVBs then you need some customizations.

There is no jvb-config script as a default. Do you see server-id in your /etc/jitsi/videobridge/jvb.conf?

I don’t understand which step you skipped. If you mean to add the websocket block to the Nginx virtualhost config, you should do it

You can check the browser’s console log for websocket errors