About video settings (maxBitratesVideo, disableSimulcast, etc)

I successfully decreased the frame from 30 to 10 rate but the uplink bitrate from clients not reduced, still showing about 200kbits/second. I tried to use maxBitratesVideo to control the client side upload bitrate but I can’t make it work, i set it to no more than 100kbits/second but still shows as about 200kbits/second. Please help!

I am using external API, some code in my config.js as below:

resolution: 180,
disableSimulcast: false,

videoQuality: {
maxBitratesVideo: { // try to make upload under 100kbits/second, but not working
VP8 : {
low: 100000,
standard: 100000,
high: 100000,
},
},
},

constraints: {
video: {
frameRate: {
max: 10
},
height: {
ideal: 720,
max: 720,
min: 180,
}
}
},

Another problem is when I set resolution as 180 and disable simulcast, the video resolution is 426 X 240 not 320 X 180 as I expected! Why?

With simulcast enabled, multiple video streams may be send and the upload bandwidth will approximately match the sum of the maxBitratesVideo settings for the streams sent. That being said, in the current stable release there is no VP8 key in maxBitratesVideo:

Furthermore, it is my understanding that resolution refers to the local track as seen by yourself. I also think that 100kB is far to low a bitrate for 720p video. If you really need to cap at max 100kB upload, I suggest to disable simulcast altogether and set the height constraints for video to be

constraints: {
    video: {
        height: {
            ideal: 180,
            max: 180,
            min: 180,
        }
    }
}

You can then start to play around with frameRate and maxBitratesVideo settings, although I am not entirely sure to which extend these are taken into account when simulcast is disabled.