About config.js

I want to change item of button menu in UI jitsi meet, but i change it in config.js file it not work, it just change it in myjitsi.com-config.js it work. How i can change it in config.js?

Why? The correct place to edit config is under /etc/jitsi/…

/etc/jitsi/meet/yourdomain.com-config.js is the correct place to change.

If you look in your nginx configs (/etc/nginx/sites-available/yourdomain.com.conf) you will see something like the following whereby any requests to /config.js will be served using that file.

location = /config.js {
        alias /etc/jitsi/meet/yourdomain.com-config.js;
    }

When i use IframeAPI like this:

My UI dont change, so i think it will override config.js file.
How i can use overwriteConfig command? Thank you.

I’m not sure what you mean. That should work. See example here: Edit fiddle - JSFiddle - Code Playground

You could change config.js if you want, but you would do that if you want the change to be the default behaviour for all users.

To affect it per user using the IFrame API, then you have two options:

1. Pass in configOverwrite in the options when you first construct JitsiMeetExternalAPI instances. This is the simplest way to do it.
  2. You can also dynamically change it using the overwriteConfig command. You’d use this if the updates are only known later, e.g. in response to some event or in code that runs after the api was already initialised.

I use overwriteConfig command in my file “index.js” but it not work:

My result:

config only chat and camera are not approved.

That means it is working. toolbarButtons config determines what icons should be shown, and that is exactly what we see in your screenshot.

The fact that camera button is disabled is another issue. No idea what that could be. Perhaps permissions for video not granted.

I mean that toolbar button will only has chat and camera button but you see that it has microphone and camera button.

I’m sorry, I missed that. You are right. That is strange.

Does the toolbars show up correctly if you go directly to the site and pass in the option using url params? e.g. https://myjitsi.com/test1#config.toolbarButtons=["camera","chat"]

Works as expected when I tested with IFrame API here - JSFiddle - so something strange is going on in your setup.