About config about features of jitsi

If i want to config some features of jitsi such as i can turn off speaking function. What file i can access to config it with self-hosting guide. Thank you.

In your config.js (/etc/jitsi/meet/your.domain.com-config.js), set the following:

startWithAudioMuted: true,

You can then remove the mic button from the toolbar so they can’t unmute.

Or, you can force-mute everybody and not allow them to unmute - open participants pane and click “Mute all”, then:

Screen Shot 2022-03-16 at 10.58.47 PM

So after i set that, did i must restart jitsi meet to update this config?

No, you just refresh the browser.

How i can config separately feature of host and participant?

You can setup the host for all conference, or for a given conference at the UI level. But there are no integrated feature to setup a given participant as muted from start whatever the conference.

can i change logo jitsi meet by another logo?

Yes. Can I suggest you explore /usr/share/jitsi-meet/interface_config.js file to see where this can be done and what else you can customise?

You can also find the latest template for that here: jitsi-meet/interface_config.js at master · jitsi/jitsi-meet · GitHub

Hasn’t that file been deprecated for more than a year?

It’s “being deprecated”. A handful of features are still controlled by interface_config.js for now. Eventually, it will no longer be used altogether.

Then this line should be changed to something more clear, in my opinion.

While it certainly would be better to use “being”, it does make clear that it’s still in progress though. The line says “all options will eventually be moved to config.js…”