2 independents up&running JitsiMeet Servers ( A & B ) , Can i host One Stand Alone JVB docker instance on server B to connect to Server A ( OCTO & MUC)?

Hello

Server A , up and running on his own Public IP behind Nat. ( normal jitsiMeet install), listening on 80/TCP, 443/TCP and 10000/udp

server B, up and running on hiw own Public IP, behind Nat. ( normal jitsimeet install ), listening on 80/TCP, 443/TCP and 10000/udp

My goal :

• Create a docker standalone videobridge instance (JVB2) hosted on server B ( to not waste ressources ), listening on 10001/UDP and 4096/UDP ( for OCTO ) that will connect to server A for Load balancing and conference scaling.

I set up everything, i can see in serverA-jicofo logs that JVB2 ( hosted on server B ) joins the MUC.
if i launch a conf on server A , I see in serverA-jicofo that Octo is enabled.

The problem is that JVB2 does not handle audio/video ( it is listening on 10001 )
if i stop jitsi.videobridge service on Server A, letting Jvb2 instance take the load, it crashes ( no audio, no video)

for info, i already setup once a 100% functionnal Docker jitsi Meet server , so i don’t think it’s a docker problem.

Is it possible to have on the same machine, Same Public IP , One jitsi-Meet-pack_A ( jicofoA, jvb A, prosody A, Nginx A) doing his business AND one stand alone docker JVB listening on dedicated UDP port that will connect to a different to (jitsiPack ( other Public ip)

Thanks for answers or tips

AFAIK, it’s needed to enable the public access to TCP/5222 on Server A.

You can temporary close the Server B and set UDP/10000 to JVB2 to be sure if the dedicated UDP is causing the problem.

5222 is open on Server A.

I see the connection jvb2 --> prosody_A/jicofo_A in the logs of prosody and Jicofo.

gonna try the 10000 udp port.

Interesting work indeed.
Is there a link where all the steps are given to install and configure Jitsi to run for giving conference support to users?
I want to have a server doing this work for a social orgaization’s conferences, to be provided free of cost.
Some of us will take care of donating them the server etc. and run it for them free of cost.
Thanks.

one prosody/jicofo/jitsi-meet enough to handle thousands users. with octo enabled, i use additional nodes for jvb and jibri in split strategy. all jvb must be publicly 1000/udp accessible.

if you follow the official guide, no problem to set up a server.
For Octo and Muc, i recommand to follow https://community.jitsi.org/t/octo-cascade-bridges-heres-how-full-guide/59253

1 Like

I created a server C on his own Public Ip behind NAt.
I installed Jitsi videobridge as stand alone instance with the command ( apt get install jitsti-videobridge2).

i set it up to work on Port 10001 and 4096. it connects perfectly to my server A , and it runs.

then i try to setup a Docker stand alone JVb on server C to connect to my server A ( Port 4096 and 10001 declared in docker compose). same problem with audio and video.

My question is : Can a JVB Docker instance connect to a ‘normal’ jisti meet server

do you use docker Jvb or ‘normal’ jvb ?

main node is from docker-jitsi-meet, jvb included. the rest (9 of em) non-docker. all of them working fine.

there’s additional line in jvb sip-communicator.properties i must add. something about octo bind and public address. i’m away from computer now, sorry.

I have no problem setting up Octo.

my problem is : “videobridge Docker instance” does not work ( it connects to Server A and try to do his job properly) .

So i have an other question : is it possible to run 2 instances of the 'jitsti-videobridge service ’ one listening on 10000/udp and the other one listening to 10001/udp

i was able to bypass my problem by using a 2nb jitsi-videobridge2’s service, by making a copy of /etc/jitsi to /etc/jitsiOcto and by configuring /etc/jitsiOcto/videobridge/config to use new directory and by configuring /etc/jitsiOcto/videobridge/sip-communicators.profile to connect to my server A via Octo&Muc Methods