15 people meeting - not ok in productoion - help appreciated

Hello

Jitsi is a great chance these times. I rented CX51 at Hetzner (8 vCPU). Thought, that would be enough.

grafik

Now we tried to run a meeting with 15 people but performance is not good. I followed the this guide to set it up and added org.jitsi.videobridge.DISABLE_TCP_HARVESTER=true to the properties to avoid jvb’s CPU use, because it limited the number of joining people too.

What can I check to make it more stable and more usable? We are currently running in audio issues (delays), connectivity issues with really modern devices. Cams are set blind, to reduce the load, but it is still nut running properly.

What can I check and where do I do these checks. I am not familar with Jitsi yet, but want to learn and willing to increase my knowledge about this great service.

Looking forward to your reply.

Kind regards
//neph

What is the bandwidth available to the server? Check whether these are set on your server: https://github.com/jitsi/jitsi-videobridge/blob/master/config/20-jvb-udp-buffers.conf

Check for packet receiver errors.

According to Hetzner’s Wiki it is 1 GBit:

grafik

Output netstat -anus:

root@webmeeting:~# netstat -anus
IcmpMsg:
    InType3: 2315
    InType4: 1
    InType8: 91
    InType11: 143
    OutType0: 91
    OutType3: 41
Udp:
    14413784 packets received
    41 packets to unknown port received
    0 packet receive errors
    34230143 packets sent
    0 receive buffer errors
    0 send buffer errors
UdpLite:
IpExt:
    InOctets: 6504524502
    OutOctets: 20131127442
    InNoECTPkts: 15346928
    InECT0Pkts: 491
    InCEPkts: 5
root@webmeeting:~#

To change the mentioned config, I found it in /etc/sysctl.d/20-jvb-udp-buffers.conf. Is this the right one?

root@webmeeting:~# locate "20-jvb-udp-buffers.conf"
/etc/sysctl.d/20-jvb-udp-buffers.conf
root@webmeeting:~#

What values should be set instead?

I posted the JVB logfile. The meeting started 2020-03-29 11:30 and ended at 13:00. I can see hugh amount of WARNINGS and other entries.

Kind regards
//neph