1000 participant in conference (only voice)

Hi,

thanks a lot for your fast reply. Your answer helps a lot.

You mean the channelLastN attribute in the /etc/jitsi/meet/…-config.js file?
Why is the user device the limiting factor? Is it the number of transmitted videos or the number of participants in a conference? The number of transmitted videos can be limited with the channelLastN attribute.

Do you think it is possible to use channelLastN=2 with 1000 participants with the bigger server?

Kind regards
Ludi

That I’m not sure. But this is just because end users still incur processing when aggregating the multiple streams. The impact of aggregating many audio streams to an end user is not something we’ve tested,

You could probably setup your site to have start with video off for all and run a testrtc test. We found testrtc a real godsend when working through our performance and stablity issues. This is also what jitsi use.

There are some challenges with using it, but i’m happy to share our experience too.

Hello, 2021.
Is it possible to create a big conference in Jitsi?

Thank you in advance.

Hi, just a ping for update…!

Hallo,

in the current community call, the Jitsi-makers say, that big conference will be available soon. In the call it is said, they make Jitsi ready for scaling up to 500 participants per conference. Interesting will be how much load it will put on every users CPU or if the programmers found a solution for making it ready also for older PC’s. That would be interesting to know.

Greetings, Christoph.

I think that the key idea is here, that is, only transfer what is necessary. Usually a conference is not a meeting, you have no interest in seeing/hearing hundred of participants, only a few people such as an organizer and a handful of very important persons (invited) and possibly people asking questions (one at a time). So better optimization can save a lot of bandwitdh/channels. The only drawback is that general applause will be muted, so not so good for artistic events or political meetings. Maybe add a plugin for canned laughs ?

Hello,
May I know to please, whether is it possible to fulfill my requirement which I have mentioned below, by using Jitsi.
Requirement: Need add 600k participants in one conference and among those participants, only two participants must have their audio & video enabled. All the other participants must have muted audio & video. Thank you very much

Yes, create a conference with two participants and stream the conference to youtube where you can have millions of viewers.

Hi @damencho
Thank you very much for your quick response. But this is not my requirement. Could you please tell me what is the maximum user count in Jitsi meet? If I add multiple JVB and enable OCTO then what will happen?

We are working to have 500 participants in one meeting.

1 Like

@damencho It’s pretty cool.

@damencho have you succeeded? It would be great to know how to do that.