1 Jitsi server and Multiple Recording

Hello, I have 1 jitsi server and 10 conference rooms. All conference rooms want to record the video. 1 Does Jitsi server support multiple recordings? And how can I do this with jibri?

Thanks in advance.

One jibri supports one recording(simultaneously). So for 10 recordings, you need 10 jibri instances…

Thanks for your reply. What about 10 recordings ? If I use a loadbalancer and 10 jibri instances are running behind, will the system automatically assign the idle jibri server?

I setup jibri on the same server as on jitsi server.

Followed exact the same what to Do ?
This is coming same

You do not need a load balancer. Jibri instances register with jitsi and jitsi takes care of using a free instance for recording.

So installing multiple jibri instances will suffice.

While I understand, asking the same question on multiple threads…may not get you an answer…

Also there are multiple posts with similar issues and I am almost certain that solutions from one of those threads can also be a solution for your issue too. You might want to search the forum(unless you have done that already)…

That’s very helpful. Thanks again.

How does Jitsi understand Jibri instances ? For example, I added to the host file for jibri instance as follows. Is it wrong ? Should not i add it to the host file ? If you clarify for me, it would be great. I lost a little. Thanks.

/etc/hosts
172.15.5.5 recorder.your.domain.com

While installing jibri, it would ask you to enter the jitsi server details. That way jitsi knows about the jibri. All will be clear to you once have installed a jibri. Better to check ‘jibri’ official documentation.

I install on the same server and it doesn’t ask for any server details .

Oh right…You mention that info in jibri.conf…

We are missing something. How does Jitsi handle backend Jibri instances ? There is a records like this > recorder.your.domain.com. How you can handle it ? No DNS record or host entry or no load balancer ?

Also you can find in the /etc/prosody/conf.avail/meet.domain.com.cfg.lua

If you want to know the internal implementation, may be someone else can pitch in…
If you want the set up working, I can help you…

1 Like

Thanks for all. I will try then inform you.

Regards.

Hi again, I have 2 jibri servers and 1 jitsi server. I tried with 2 conference rooms, all recording processes go to the same server. Do you know why it’s happening? All jibri instances have the same configuration(It’s image)

Thanks.

The jibri nickname should be different for each instance

1 Like

Basically Jibri services connect to the same XMPP MUC room and announce themselves as ready to record. this is how Jitsi “knows” about the Jibris. To make this work, and to be able to connect more than one Jibri, as Emrah explained, you need unique XMPP nicknames - there is a config setting for this. Everything else is the same, just the nickname needs to be unique.

1 Like

Thanks, Emrah, it’s great info to solve my problem. Also, I’m trying to run jibri in docker, but all configurations to the config.json file. Am i missing something? or is it normal? And do you know the below issue?

Jicofo 2021-07-28 09:07:47.162 INFO: [268] JibriSession.startInternal#316: Starting session with Jibri jibribrewery@internal.auth.meet.example.com/jibri-instanse-732257195
Jicofo 2021-07-28 09:07:47.163 INFO: [268] JibriSession.sendJibriStartIq#478: Starting Jibri jibribrewery@internal.auth.meet.example.com/jibri-instanse-732257195 for stream ID: null in room: test102@conference.meet.example.com
Jicofo 2021-07-28 09:07:47.455 INFO: [268] JibriSession.processJibriIqFromJibri#439: Updating status from JIBRI: <iq to='focus@auth.meet.example.com/focus' from='jibribrewery@internal.auth.meet.example.com/jibri-instanse-732257195' id='SR4xS-2924' type='result'><jibri xmlns='http://jitsi.org/protocol/jibri' status='pending'/></iq> for test102@conference.meet.example.com
Jicofo 2021-07-28 09:07:47.455 INFO: [268] JibriSession.handleJibriStatusUpdate#610: Got Jibri status update: Jibri jibribrewery@internal.auth.meet.example.com/jibri-instanse-732257195 has status pending and failure reason null, current Jibri jid is jibribrewery@internal.auth.meet.example.com/jibri-instanse-732257195
Jicofo 2021-07-28 09:07:47.455 INFO: [268] [room=test102@conference.meet.example.com] JibriRecorder.handleStartRequest#116: Started Jibri session
Jicofo 2021-07-28 09:07:47.463 INFO: [268] JibriSession.processJibriIqFromJibri#439: Updating status from JIBRI: <iq to='focus@auth.meet.example.com/focus' from='jibribrewery@internal.auth.meet.example.com/jibri-instanse-732257195' id='Zm9jdXNAYXV0aC5tZWV0LmJlZWhvYi5jb20vZm9jdXMAUWx0M28tNzMAuUUPMKVb9bkCLFNNYhQcUQ==' type='set'><jibri xmlns='http://jitsi.org/protocol/jibri' status='off' failure_reason='error' should_retry='true'/></iq> for test102@conference.meet.example.com
Jicofo 2021-07-28 09:07:47.463 INFO: [268] JibriSession.handleJibriStatusUpdate#610: Got Jibri status update: Jibri jibribrewery@internal.auth.meet.example.com/jibri-instanse-732257195 has status off and failure reason error, current Jibri jid is jibribrewery@internal.auth.meet.example.com/jibri-instanse-732257195

No idea about Docker setup